- What is a podcast? a podcast is an audio file that can be listened to any time any where…in other words “on-demand.” It’s similar to “talk radio.” A podcast is also known as an “RSS FEED.” In order to get an RSS FEED you’ll need to partner with a Media Host.
- What’s an RSS FEED? RSS stands for “really simple indication.” It is a code for your podcast. This is what you’ll enter into your
- What’s a Media Host? This is a company that has “server space” set a side for your podcast. They supply you with the RSS feed you’ll need to launch your podcast. this will be the place you upload your audio files. The Media Host then distributes your audio files by linking to your website, Apple, Google Play / Podcast, Stitcher, etc; everywhere you can listen to them. You will most likely have to submit your rss feed to these places through your media host. Most Media Hosts facilitate the process. This is a “cost” for all podcasters, but depending on which Media Hosting company you choose you can spend more or less.
- How many podcasts are there? According to recent data released by Edison Research there are about 800,000 podcasts, but only 100,000 that are actually still “active.”
- Is the podcasting market saturated? No. There are currently more than 8 Million blogs while only 800,000 podcasts. That’s a 1 in 1,000 ratio. There is still a lot of room to grow.
- Where can you listen to podcasts? So many places. Through apps on your smart phone or computer like: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Soundcloud, Overcast, Castbox, Luminary and more. This is a growing list. Straight from a website on your computer, Through iTunes, Your home speaker, Some new cars have this set up on the dash board.
- how long will it take to get my podcast on apple podcasts? It can take up to 72 hours to get your podcast approved by apple podcasts. Perhaps longer if you submit your podcast over a holiday weekend. You can always follow up with Applehere: PodcastSupport@apple.com
- What equipment do you need to record a podcast? Truly, a cellphone. You can record, post and edit all through different applications on your smart phone. If you want to step up your game you’ll need a microphone and your laptop. For equipment suggestions click HERE.
- What are 5 things you should do before starting a podcast ? Read THIS.
Have more questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org